I am loving the smell of boiling apples! I found a recipe for homemade apple cider (non-alcoholic as of right now) and am super excited to taste it! Even if it's going to be 11pm when I do!
I made a 7 layer taco dip to take to Grandmother-in-law's house since all she usually has for snacks are carrots and shrimp. Not really complaining but, I enjoy a variety of snacks on Thanksgiving! I thought I'd start with one dish this year. Last year I don't think I did anything, maybe brown sugar carrots. She's 86 years old and pretty set in her ways, Sugarbear (that's what I call my husband) told me back when we were first dating that it would be along the lines of "insulting" of I made something...
I don't care now. I have my own kitchen and own house, I love to bake and cook. I'm going to make something special for the Holidays, gosh darn it!
Of course, my earlier post was about couponing, well, I need to do some more research on where and how to get started! I spent $40 on ingredients for the 7 layer dip and cider! There's no excuse for that!
I need to learn to preplan and budget the groceries better. Wish me luck! I hope to have the knowledge to do so over Christmas break when I have 3 weeks off!
No comments:
Post a Comment